About the SCSC
The Sixteenth Century Society and Conference (SCSC) promotes scholarship on the early modern era, broadly defined (ca. 1450 – ca. 1660). Providing opportunities for intellectual exchange among scholars of the period, the Society also actively encourages the integration of younger colleagues into the academic community. The geographical scope of the organization is as international as its membership. The SCSC welcomes scholars from all disciplines in early modern studies including history, art history, religion, history of science, musicology, digital humanities, Ottoman studies, and literary and cultural studies in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. The Society holds one annual meeting in a different city each year, usually during the month of October, with an average of more than 800 participants.
Vancouver 2015 Conference Call for Papers.
The Sixteenth Century Society and Conference (SCSC) is now accepting proposals for individual presentation proposals and complete panels for its 2014 annual conference, to be held 22-25 October 2015 at the Sheraton Wall Centre Hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The deadline for proposals is April 15, 2015. Within four weeks after the deadline, the Program Committee will notify all those who submitted proposals.
The conference will once again host poster sessions. In addition to standard panels, the organizing committee will be accepting proposals for four types of alternate panels:
- Workshop Option A: Discussion of pre-circulated papers in a workshop format (limit of 4 participants).
- Workshop Option B: Analysis of thorny translation/paleography questions; pre-circulation not required (limit of 3 participants).
- Workshop Option C: Examination of a big issue or question with brief comments from presenters and lively audience participation (similar to roundtables with more audience participation; limit of 4 participants).
- Poster Sessions
Questions about formats should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts (up to 250 words in length) for individual presentations and complete panels may be submitted online using the conference information link at left.
- 22-25 October 2015: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- 18-20 August 2016: Bruges, Belgium
- 26-29 October 2017: Milwaukee, Wisconsin